Its Sweet Punch time!!! This time we baked Jam Tarts from Rias Collection. I have tried Apple halwa filling, instead of the Jam Filling. After Navarathri, we are leftover with so many Apples from the Thambulam bags, i keep making something with them. I have halved the original recipe. Warm Tart with Apple Halwa tasted heavenly. Hope you guys enjoy this!!!!
1/2 Cup All purpose Flour
1/2 stick Cold butter
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Salt a pinch
Few drops of Water
|A small piece of dough was leftover, made these designs using them|
inspiration Courtesy : Taste of Pearl City!!!!
- Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Powder in a bowl.
- Cut the Butter into small pieces and rub into the flour. the flour will resemble bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle few drops of water and make the dough.
- Roll out the dough in between Wax paper and Cut it into small rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Spread the Cut dough onto the tart-tin. Spoon in the filling and Bake in a Pre-heated Oven @ 180C for 18-20 minutes.
- When done, take it out of the Oven and let it cool on the Wire Rack.
Apple Halwa Ingredients
5 Medium Apples, Soft ones, Cored and Grated
1 cup Sugar
5-6 Pods of Cardamom Crushed
Roasted almond flakes for garnishing.
- In a Non-Stick Pan, take the sugar with half cup of water and let the sugar melt.
- Add the Shredded apple to the Sugar and Combine Well.
- Add the Crushed Cardamom and Cloves to this.Let the Mixture Cook Well.
- When Mixture thickens well and leaves the sides of the pan, Take it of the Stove and Garnish it with some roasted almond flakes.
- The filling can even be a Savory one. So, Go on Experiment!!!!
- Baking time differs from Oven to Oven, So Bake accordingly