For the Last day of the BM, i tried Kesar Nankhatai from US Masala. This Recipe has been in my To-do List for a very long time. I followed the Recipe to the word!!!! Loved the end result, The Flavor of Kesar/Saffron was lingering in the entire house. Half-a-Dozen Cookies vanished the moment it was ready. My Hubby Loves the flavor of Saffron/Kesar, he was so delighted to taste them and asked me bake a batch for his Office!!!!Ingredients
1 and 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup + 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
3/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Salt a pinch
7 tbsp Melted Ghee/Clarified butter
2-3 tbsp of Milk
1/2 tsp Saffron, powdered
Chopped nuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except the ghee.
- Add ghee, a little at a time, while mixing and kneading the dough until you have it the consistency of smooth pliable dough. You should be able to make a smooth ball without cracks.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough and Shape them into round balls and flatten them a little between your palms. Garnish the top with chopped nuts/
- Arrange them on the baking sheet 1'' apart, nut side up. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 -18 minutes or until they turn light golden color. The cookies expand while baking so do keep it 1" apart.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool to room temperature.