For Day 6 of Blogging Marathon, I tried baking Monkey Bread/Pull apart bread from Madhuram's Eggless Baking. I m a Big fan of Cinnamon, this recipe in particular has a generous use of it, so i m totally in love with this Pull apart bread.
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Sugar ( i had powdered sugar in hand, so used it)
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
5 tablespoons cut into 5 pieces Cold Butter
2/3 Cup Semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup Milk
For Brushing on Top
1/4 cup Sugar
1.5 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 15 minutes. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl sift and combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar.
- Using a pastry blender ,cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the Choco Chips and Milk and combine to form a dough.The final dough will be very sticky.
- Turn the dough to a well-floured surface and Shape them into balls. I shaped them into log on a parchment paper and Divided them.
- Place them the prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle the balls with the melted butter.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle them with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until light brown. Cool in the pan set on a wire rack before removing from the pan.