First Day of Group 2, BM #14, i start with a sweet note. This Halwa is made using Moong Dal Flour. This can be made in a jiffy, hardly took 20 minutes for me to make it. Surprise Guest or to Surprise your loved ones, this would be a Quick n Easy Sweet/Dessert to make. With these measurements i got half a Coffee-Cup Halwa, which was sufficient for 2 people(me and my hubby), since my kiddo doesn't prefer sweet, i didn't want to make more and waste any. so, if you want to make more, increase the measurements accordingly.
Wishing you a Very Happy and a Prosperous Ugadhi and Gudi Padwa !! :)
1/4 Cup Moong Dal flour (store-bought)
1/2 Cup Milk
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee
Roasted Almond Flakes for garnishing
- In a Non-Stick Pan, add little Ghee and Roast the moong flour till nice aroma arises. Take care not to burn the flour, keep the flame low.
- When the flour color changes to light brown, add Milk and keep stirring to avoid any lumps. Let it cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
- By this time, the mixture would be almost dry, Add Sugar.
- When the Sugar dissolves completely, add ghee little by little and keep stirring.
- When the halwa comes together as a ball, Take it off the flame and Put it on a greased Plate.
- Garnish with roasted almond flakes and serve warm.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14