Mixed Capsicum Rice/Colorful Capsicum Rice, another regular recipe in my home. Whenever i go for Grocery shopping, i tried to pick a pack of these Colorful n Nutritious Veggies. Kuttu loves these Mixed pack of Capsicums.
They make a wonderful Lunch Box recipe with Rice/Roti. Once done, this spicy curry makes an Awesome Combo with Roti's/Idly/Dosa too. You can make the same recipe with simple Green capsi's too. But for the sake of this lovely color i try to make them with Mixed Colorful Bell peppers.
3 Cups Cooked Rice
4 Medium Bell Peppers (preferably in different colors), thinly sliced
1 Medium sized Onion, Finely Chopped
1 small Tomato, chopped or 1 tsp Tomato paste
1 green chili, slited lengthwise
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp Red Chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
Fresh Coriander leaves for garishing
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Gingely Oil/Groundnut Oil (i prefer Groundnut, for its unique aroma)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp hing
a Sprig of Curry Leaf
- Heat Oil in a Pan splutter Mustard seeds/Cumin seeds, add curry leaves.
- Next Add Onions, garlic and silted green chili.Saute until onions turn translucent. Next add Chopped Tomatoes/Tomato Paste and 1/4 Cup Water. I have used Tomato Paste.
- Add red chili and dhaniya powder along with the tomatoes. Let it Cook and ooze out oil.
- Now Add the Sliced Bell Peppers and saute in a low flame, Add salt, Cover and cook in a slow flame for 2-3 minutes. Do not cook for more time, We do not want the Capsicums soggy n soft. Some Crunch in the veggie will be good.
- Add Garam Masala to the Curry, give it a toss and Remove from flame.
- Mix with Cooked Rice, Adjust the salt and Garnish it with Coriander leaves and shredded ginger and Serve with any Raita.