The Third Week of Blogging Marathon, I chose Sindhi Cuisine, Wanted to Move out of my comfort zone and try out other cuisines too. So in the order, first comes Sindhi Saayi Dal. A Mild, Comforting Dal, Love the Garlic Tadka in it. Kuttu is a big fan of Dal-Rice, he loved this Saayi dal more than us.
1.5 Cups of Dhuli Moong/Split green gram dal
1 Large Tomato, Chopped
2 nos green chilies, chopped into two
1 tsp shredded ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander for garnishing
1-2 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 sprigs of curry leaves
- Wash and soak the dal for 15 minutes in water.
- To this Dal add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, turmeric and salt. Add 3 cups of water to this and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- When the pressure releases, mash the dal roughly with the back of a laddle.
- Heat the oil given under "Tempering", Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, add curry leaves and chopped garlic.
- Let the garlic roast and turn brown, add this sizzling Tadka to the Dal and Serve Hot with Rice.
- We Enjoyed this Dal with Hot Rice, Accompanied by Pickle and a Glass of Spiced Buttermilk, Lunch Settled