Ginger based bake was in my to-do list for a long time. This time of the year, foodie blogs brim with aromatic bakes, boozy plum cakes, crunchy cookies and not to forget the cute gingerbread man, gingerbread houses!!! ohh, i so want to make a gingerbread house!!!But with bala running around, i m happy and thankful i m able to whatever small bakes i m doing.
This Blogging Marathon, i will be posting recipes which i have bookmarked and planned to do sometime. If i plan to post bookmarked recipes alone everyday , it will take an year to complete atelast half the list. I have managed to pick some and do for this BM.
First comes my favorite Ginger cake. Last month Preeti of Indian Kitchen, posted this yummy Honey cake, i immediately tried it, with little modification. I added fresh ginger and some spices and made this delicious spiced cake. One bite into the cake,you will feel the warmth of the spices. Perfect Bake for a Winter Evening.
Source : Indian Kitchen
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp All Spice Powder
a pinch of Clove Powder (optinal)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
1 Cup milk
- Combine milk and honey in a mixing bowl and beat it till smooth using hand blender or whisk. Add oil and freshly shredded ginger to it. Mix everything well and keep aside.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda along with cinnamon, all spice and clove powder. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Take a greased loaf pan/cake pan.I used my (7X6)" almost square pan for baking this cake.
- Fill it with cake batter. Keep the pan in oven and bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick at the center. It should come out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven. Let it rest for 2 mins. Transfer the cake carefully to the cooling rack and let it cool down completely. Slice the cake and serve.