When there is no veggies in the fridge or when i m so bored and lazy to chop veggies, i make this simple paneer curry to go with roti's. I sometimes even crumble the paneer so well and serve it along with rice for kuttu. It takes just 10 minutes to make this,if you have paneer ready in the freezer. I made themt last week and paired it with Italian Piadiano, it was a nice twist to have an Indian curry with a Italian roti!
3 Large onions
3 Large Tomatoes
1/2 cup Paneer
2 cloves of garlic
1 no green chili, slited lengthwise
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder, freshly pounded adds a lot of zing!!!
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
fresh coriander for garnish
- If using frozen paneer, soak it in warm water, set aside until use. I used my chopper chop onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- If chopping using knife, chop them fine. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil, crackle cumin seeds, add chopped onion, garlic and green chili and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and the dry masala powders(red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder). Add 1/2 cup water and salt to this. and let it cook until tomatoes turn mushy and oil separates.
- Now drain the paneer from water, and add this to the subzi and another 1/4 cup of water, let it cook for 10 minutes in a medium flame, until the spices mix well with the paneer. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and take it off the flame and serve it along roti's.
- I served them with Italian Piadina and it tasted delicious. I wanted a bit dry curry, since i was using as a wrap for the piadian, if you want little more gravy, then add another 1/4 cup of water or milk to get a richer gravy.