Writing a blog post after one long month. When i took my camera today, to click this salad, for a moment i felt my 50mm lens was angry with me, saying "hmmm, all these days you were hugging that telephoto girl (300mm), and how come today you got time to think about me", if this is the case with 50mm, what would that 18-55 think about me, i should start using it often. What to do, a recent love/craze for long exposure shots, that too shooting night traffic in particular!!! :)
Thanks to our regular Blogging Marathon, for saving my blog from starving! :) I will be blogging on Salads all this week. The first one being a simple pasta salad, which i tasted in a small blogger's meet here in Dubai. Though we know each other through FB and to some i have even talked over phone, but have met none till that day. So, when +Rafeeda AR of Big sweet tooth, arranged a meet, i didn't wanted to miss.
One of the bloggers Asiya Omar, brought this yumm salad for the get-together. She actually stays very far in Alain, but from there she bought a big box of this salad, along with plates,spoons and the spice-mix for all of us. We actually fell in love with that salad, i have made it twice at home after tasting hers, but only today i get to click and write about it.
Thanks Asiya-ji for a wonderful recipe. I always remember your smiling face and your peppy personality when making this salad.
1/2 Cup Fusilli
1/4 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup ground nuts
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 or 2 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Seasonings ( any one of them)
Cajun spice mix
Red chilli powder
Black pepper powder
- Boil 1.5 cups of water, when the water is boiling, add salt (1/2 tsp) and pasta, Let it cook until done, it should be al dente/soft but firm. Drain and keep aside.
- Cook peanuts with little salt, until soft. Drain the excess water and keep aside. Add Frozen peas to 1/2 cup of water and microwave high for 5 minutes. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- The drained water from all this can be used in soups or in Rasam or any other gravies.
- Now let's put the salad together. In a large bowl, add pasta, the cooked peanuts and peas. Add shredded carrots. Add your desired seasoning as per your choice.
- Here i have used 2 pinches of red chilli powder and another pinch of pepper powder and salt. Drizzled olive oil on top. Garnished it with Cherry tomatoes and served.
- You can also add capsicum and onions to the salad.
- A tadka of fresh green chili can also be tried, instead of other seasonings.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58 http://spicingyourlife.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-create-post-template-in-blogger.html