For the last day of Burgers, i m here with a simple bell pepper masala & paneer burger. I was hoping to do another tikki today, but then why it should always be a patty, yeah i know a burgers have a fat patty and cheese, why not a indianized burger with curry and cheese. That is how, i made this masala & paneer burger.
The bell pepper masala is finger-licking good, kids would lick it as such. To this i added some volume with pan-roasted paneer, sprinkled with chat masala and fresh, succulent baby spinach leaves. It was one filling meal. For the sauce, i have used the Cream cheese sauce, i made for sweet potato burger. Everything together added a great flavor.
Ingredients (Makes 3-4 fillings)
For the Capsicum masala
1/2 of each colored capsicums , Red, green, yellow and orange
1 medium sized onion
1 large tomato
1 green chili
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
For the Burger
100 grams paneer, cut into thick slabs
1/2 cup of baby spinach
1/2 cup of cream cheese sauce
Burger buns as required
Little salt and chat masala to sprinkle on the paneer (optional)
- Wash the peppers and cut them into thin slices. Chop the onion and tomatoes fine. Heat a wide pan, add a tbsp of oil, once hot, add 1/2 tsp cumin. Once the cumin crackles, add chopped onion and green chili and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Next add chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add 1/4 cup of water and let it cook, until tomatoes turn mushy. To this add sliced bell peppers and saute. Let this cook for 6-8 minutes, until the peppers absorb the masala. Add garam masala powder and mix well. Remove it from stove. Let it cool, until used in the burger.
Roast the Paneer
- I used store-bought paneer block. I cut them into thick slabs, got around 7 thick squares of about 1 or 1.5 inches.
- In a wide pan, add 2-3 tbsp of oil, when it is hot, reduce the flame and place the paneer slabs 2 or 3 at a time. Cook until the bottom browns, takes about 2 minutes in medium flame, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, and keep it on a kitchen towel, to remove the excess oil. Sprinkle little salt and chat masala over it for little extra zing.
Assembling the burgers
- Cut open the burger buns, apply a generous tbsp of cream cheese sauce, place 2-3 tbsp of bell pepper masala on it.
- Add a bunch of baby spinach leaves on top, top it with 2 or 3 slabs of paneer, squeeze a blob of fiery tomato sauce, close it with the top slice. Enjoy!!!