It is Week 7 of Blog Hop Wednesdays. This Week i m paired with Saraswathi of Saras’s Kitchen. She has a Lovely Blog!!!! I wanted to try her Pasta vadai too, but couldnt make it for the Hop, But would definitely make it some other day!!! This Tomato Pulav recipe, got my mind, coz i had a similar recipe given by my Co-sister. My FIL was all praises for her after trying this Pulav at her place, so i called her up and got the recipe, But still didnt try it out. When i was browsing thru Saras Kitchen, i remembered that and bookmarked this immediately for the Blog Hop!!!!!
1/2 Cup Brown Basmati Rice
1 cup tomato juice (Juice of 1 Large Tomato)
1 Cup Thin Coconut Milk ( i used Store-bought Powder)
1 Green Chillie, slited lengthwise
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
1 Medium Size Onion, thinly Sliced
1 Pod of Cardamom
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and saute.
- Add onions and green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and saute till onion turns translucent
- Add tomato juice, coconut milk and the masala powders and mix well.
- Let the Mixture boil well, add the drained rice.
- Cover and cook, until done.
- Serve hot with Crips or Some raita. We enjoyed with Plain yogurt and chips.