This Recipe is one of the oldest recipes in my blog. When i posted it for the first time, i didn’t take any picture of it, i just posted only the recipe. Made this again after a very long time for my DH Birthday. We had a Halwa-Cutting Ceremony, instead of the traditional cake-cutting!!! 🙂
I was planning to post it by last week But, Navrathri Celebrations and the Pooja, i really couldn’t find time to sit and do a post. Lets move on to the recipe of Walnut Halwa, an Healthy Combination of Vegetable and Nuts.
2 Cups Walnut – (Soak in warm water and remove the skin)
2 cups Grated carrot
1 Cup Milk
11/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Ghee
5-8 pods Cardamom Crushed
Nuts For Garnishing
- Grind Walnuts and Carrot adding little milk.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan add walnut-carrot paste, the remaining milk, sugar and ghee. Keep the flame low and Stir occasionally.
- When ghee start leaving the sides add cardamom and mix well. Take it off the flame and garnish with nuts.
- I used two small Silicon Heart-Shape Moulds for shaping the halwa. Before pouring them to the mould, i scattered some roasted almond flakes in the mould and spread the halwa on top.
Sending this Healthy Dessert to
- Only Sweets and Desserts happening @ Gayathri’s CookSpot, an Event by Pari of Foodelicious
- Diwali Special, Sweets and Savories, Happening @ Tickling Palates
- Celebrate Sweets – Fruits and Veggies, Happening @ Raks Kitchen, an Event by Nivedita
- 100 Yummy Diwali Sweet Recipes, Happening @ Indus Ladies, They are actually releasing an E-book will all these recipes, so do send in your Yummy treats there.