While returning from india, i got 3-4 packets of Broken Wheat/Godhumai ravai. On and off i make some khichdi or upma with it. Tried out this Mint Pulav for our weekend lunch. It was very tasty and light. The Aroma of Mint and Coriander along with Pav Bhaji Masala, complimented well. After a round of Diwali Sweets and Eid Holiday’s, it was really good to eat something light, healthy and also tasty!!!!
1 Cup Godhumai Ravai/Broken Wheat
Clove, Cardamom and bay leaf one each
1 Medium Size Onion, Finely chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
1/4 tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup Coriander /leaves
1/2 Cup Mint Leaves
A small ball of tamarind, small gooseberry size
2 Green Chillies
2 cloves of Garlic
1 small piece of ginger
- Soak Broken Wheat/Godhumai Ravai for 20 minutes. Drain and keep it ready.
- Grind the ingredients under “To Grind” to a fine paste using enough water.
- Heat a Pan with little oil, crackle cumin seeds, add onions and saute till they are translucent
- Add the grounded mixture to this and 1/2 Cup of Water and add all the masala powder and salt.
- Let it boil, now add the Broken wheat/Godhumai ravai. Cover and Cook until done.
- Serve hot with Raita. We enjoyed with plain yogurt mixed with black salt and ginger.