2 Cups cooked Rice
1 medium onion
1 medium tomatoes
2-3 tbsp Oil
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Roast n Grind
2 tbsp Chana Dal/Gram Dal
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1 tbsp Fresh grated Coconut
5-6 Red Chillies
- Dry Roast the ingredients under Roast n Grind and Grind into Powder.
- Remove the stem of the brinjals and slice them lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a Non-stick Pan, Splutter mustard seeds, add hing and Curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute until translucent, next add tomatoes, sprinkle little water and cook until soft.
- Add Brinjals and Saute well. Let them cook for 10 minutes.
- When the Brinjals are half-cooked, add the grounded masala powder and salt to it.Mix well.
- Cover and Cook in a Simmer flame until done.
- Add the Cooked Rice and mix well.