Today is the first day of Group 2, Blogging Marathon #12. I have taken the topic 7 Days of Delicious Dals. Last time, when i went to india, i bought Sanjeev Kapoor’s “Dal and Kadhi”, tried some recipes from that, apart from the normal dal tadka, the book has got delicious varieties of Dal recipes. I will be posting tried recipes from that Cookbook.
Dal Lucknowi, This dal takes a smoother, fuller texture as it contains milk, an ingredient which will come as a surprise to many.
1 Cup Split pigeon peas(toovar dal), Soaked
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 dried chillies, broken into large bits
4 garlic cloves, chopped
hing a pinch
1 cup of low-fat milk
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Pressure cook dal with green chillies and 2 cups of water.
- Remove the lid, when the pressure is completely reduced, add turmeric powder and salt and bring to a boil, lower heat and continue to cook.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, red chillies, garlic and hing and saute till fragrant. Pour the sizzling spices into the simmering dal and mix well.
- Stir in the milk and one cup of water and continue to simmer for two or three minutes.
- Adjust Salt, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12