Originally i wanted to do Panacotta with Moong-dal, And Also i want it to be Lesser on the Calorie!!!! So, instead of using Cream i used Full Fat milk to make this and named it Pudding.Tasted good and Light on the Stomach and with all the Fiber of Moong Dal, Term it Healthy too!!!!
Sending this to Kids Delight – Something Sweet, Happening @ Edible Entertainment, an Event by Srivalli
1 Cup Moong Dal
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Agar-Agar/China Grass, Soaked 1/2 Cup Water
3-4 pods Cardamom Pods, crushed
few strands of saffron, soaked in 2tbsp Warm-Milk
Roasted Almonds and raisins for Garnishing
- Pressure Cook Moong-dal with Milk and Water for 4-5 whistles or until soft.
- when the Pressure released, Mash the Dal with the back of a laddle.
- Heat agar-Agar with soaked water. In a Simmer flame, keep Stirring and let the agar-agar dissolve completely in water. Strain and Keep Seperately.
- Take Moong-dal back to Stove, add sugar, crushed cardamom and Keep Stirring.
- Add Saffron Soaked milk and Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the strained agar-agar water to the Dal Kheer and Stir well.
- Let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Switch of the stove.
- Garnish with Roasted almonds and raisins.Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Fill Small Cups with this mixture and Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.Serve Chilled
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#12