Magic Mingle, New Event Kick-Started by Kalyani of Sizzling Tastebuds. Every month, we pick-up two ingredients, to be featured as the main taste adding ingredients of a dish. January’s Magic Mingle Ingredients are Cinnamon and Chillies. If you guys, think only about Pulav’s, please go visit the round-up linky @ Kalyani’s, you would be dumbstruck to see different dishes featuring this combo!!!
When Kalyani announced the combo, i too thought of making some Pulav, then decided to try both the ingredients into this Masala Curry. I normally use only green chillies or Sambar powder while making this Potato Curry, never used any other kind of masala. For the first time, i have used cinnamon and it tasted good. Hoping to have Many such Magical Combinations, which push us to try something new every month.
4-5 nos Large Potatoes
1/2 Cup Peas, i have used frozen
2 Medium Onion, chopped
1 Medium Tomato, Chopped
4-5 Green Chillies, Chopped finely
1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
hing a pinch
Turmeric a pinch
2 sprig curry leaves
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tsp Coriander seeds
2-3 Red Chillies, Long variety
- Dry Grind the Ingredients under “To Grind’ to powder.
- Peel the Potatoes, Cube them and Cook them until soft. Mash them roughly.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, splutter mustard seeds, add hing, turmeric, chopped chillies and curry leaves.
- Add Onions and saute till translucent. when done, add Tomatoes and the ground powder, cinnamon and 1/2 Cup of water.
- When it boils and rawness of the masala escapes, add Mashed Potates, peas salt and mix well.
- If the Curry is very dry, add another 1/2 cup of water and Keep the flame low.
- Let it Simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and Take it off the Stove.
- Serve hot with Poori.