For the Day 2, I tried a bookmarked recipe from Raks Kitchen Bread cups/Pizza Cups. I have Indianized the filling though. These Pizza Cups have become a frequent snack @ home now. Even My MIL who has never tasted a pizza, like them a lot and keep asking me to make it more often.
4 Burger Buns
1 Large Potato, peeled and cubed
1 Large Capsicum, cubed
1 Large Carrot, cubed
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder (Will be mild, increase/decrease the amount to suit your taste)
1/4 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
Turmeric a pinch
Salt to taste
4-5 tbsp Tomato Sauce Ketchup
1 tbsp Pepper powder
3-4 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a Non-stick pan, Heat oil, add Cumin seeds, once they change color, add Onions and Saute till translucent.
- Next add cubed potatoes, capsicum and Carrot. Saute for 2 minutes in a low flame.
- Add Red Chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric and mix well.
- Cook in a low flame for 10 minutes. If you feel the veggies are burning, then sprinkle little water and cook. Take it off the stove when the are veggies are cooked. (takes about 10-15 minutes, from the adding to oil)
Assembling the Pizza Cups
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the burger buns into two using Serrated Knife.
- Squeeze a blob of Tomato Ketchup and spread it well.
- Spread a pinch or two Pepper powder on top.
- Place a tbsp or 2 of the Vegetable filling and top it up with Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the Preheated Oven for 7 Minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve Warm and See them Vanishing Fast!!!!
Sending these Cute Cups to Kids Delight – Eggless Bakes/Vegan Bakes Hosted by Priya Suresh, an Event by Srivalli And also to Show me your HITS – Happening @ Spicy Treats
- Baking Time differs from Oven to Oven. So Bake accordingly
- The Pizza Cups base will be crisp outside and will be soft inside, incase you want it to be crispier, try blind baking the Bread/bun for 2 minutes and then bake with Veggie Filling again.