1/3 Cup Poha/Aval/Flattened Rice
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 Cup Milk
3 pods Cardamom, Crushed
a Pinch of Saffron, Crushed in-between your palms/back of a spoon (Optional)
1 tsp Ghee
Roasted Almond flakes for garnishing
- In a Microwave Safe Bowl add a tsp of ghee and Poha, Mix Well. Cook @ MW high for 2 minutes. Stirring after 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 a Cup Milk and Cook @ Microwave high for 2-3 minutes. Stirring after every 1 minute.
- By this time, poha must have cooked well or else cook for a minute or two more.
- Add Sugar, Crushed Cardamom and Saffron and remaining Milk and Cook @ Microwave 80 for 7-8 minutes. Keep Stirring after every 2 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted Almonds and Serve Warm.