Another Lip-smacking, Spicy Dosa recipe – Mysore Masala Dosa. i was planning to post this dosa yesterday, but was so lazy, i didn’t have mood to make the Chutney and the Masala needed for this. Though the list seems to be long, the process is very simple. I read somewhere, that you can even stuff the Dosa with Lemon Rice too. Gotta to try that sometime!!!!
2 cups Dosa Batter
2 tsp Gingely oil
2 tbsp Freshly grated Coconut
1 Large Onion
5 Red Chillies, soaked in water for 5 minutes.
a small piece of tamarind
Salt to taste
2 Big Potatoes, Peeled, Cubed, Boiled and mashed
2 Green Chillies, Chopped
1 onion, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
hing a pinch
Turmeric a pinch
Grind all the ingredients given under Onion Chutney without adding water.
Making Potato Masala
- Heat a non-stick tava, add oil and spluter mustard seeds, add hing and turmeric.
- Add Onion and green chillies and saute.
- Add Mashed Potato, salt and Mix well. Let it cook in a medium flame for 10 minutes. Take it off the stove.
- In a Non-Stick Tava, Pour a laddle of batter in the center and spread it in a circular motion.
- Dot the edges with gingely oil. Let the top side cook.
- Spread a spoonful of Onion Chutney on top, sprinkle Coconut. Let it sit for a minute.
- Place a 2-3 spoonful of Potato Masala in the center, Fold and Serve Hot with Chutney of your Choice.