1 Cup Raw Rice
1 Cup Rice Flakes/Flattened Rice
3/4 Cup Powdered Jaggery
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Soak Rice and Rice Flakes separately for an hour. Rice Flakes must be immersed in water, don’t add too much water.
- Drain the water from rice, Rice flakes must have absorbed all the water.
- Grind Rice, Rice Flakes in a Mixer without adding water, water in the Rice Flakes is enough.
- Next add Powdered jaggery and Cardamom to the Rice-Rice Flakes batter and Grind again.
- Take the batter in a bowl and add Baking Soda and Give a brisk stir.
- Heat the Kuzhipaniyaram Pan, fill little Ghee in the holes of the pan, then pour a spoonful of batter in each hole.
- Cook both sides in a low flame and Serve Warm.
Rice Flakes Paniyaram are very delicate so be very gentle while flipping in the pan and taking them out of the pan.