My Oven is baking busy all these days, so for Magic Mingle #3 too, i chose to bake something interesting, so it doesn’t stay waiting for my Family’s attention. First i attempted to bake Broa/Portuguese Corn Bread, but me and yeast are lover’s who are still having a Pillow-fight, so it didn’t turn out well!!!!
So, again in the evening i tried to bake these muffins, thank god, they came out well. After tasting, we felt we need some more sweetness in the muffin, so i added Dulce de leche frosting. Needless to say, they vanished!!!!!
Recipe Source : The Happy House Wife
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup Yellow cornmeal
2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar (increase to 3/4 Cup, for a sweeter Cupcake)
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal mixed with 1/4 Cup of Warm Water – Replacing 1 Egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil/Butter
Almond Flakes for garnishing
1/4 Cup Dulce de Leche /Caramel Spread (store-brought)
- Preheat Oven to 180C. Grease a Muffin Pan ready.
- Mix all the Dry Ingredients together.
- Add the Wet ingredients one by to the Dry Mixture. Combine Well.
- Spoon them into Greased Muffin pan. Fill till 3/4th of each Cup. Garnish with almond flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tooth-pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take it out of the Oven. Let it sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Take it out of the pan and Cook completely on Wire Rack.
- For the Frosting, let the Cupcake Cool Completely. Spoon 2-3 tsp of Sugar syrup on top of each muffin and go creative over the Muffin with the frosting.
Sending this to MM#3 – Wheat and Corn, happening @ Sizzling Tastebuds.
Baking time differs from Oven to Oven, so bake accordingly