Festive Lunch thali Menu Starting from left-right
Capsicum Sambhar, Carrot Kootu and Paruppu Rasam. Staple Dishes in everyday south-indian cooking.
Today’s Recipe Avaraikkai /Broad Beans Curry
2 Cups of thinly sliced Avaraikkai/Broad beans
2 tbsp Freshly grated coconut
2 tbsp Moong dal, soaked in water for 15 minutes
Salt to taste
1-2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds/Kadugu
1 tsp Gram dal /Chana dal (optional)
3 nos. Red chili (Long Variety), each broken into 2-3 pieces
1 sprig of curry leaf
hing a pinch
turmeric powder a pinch
- Heat a Kadai with oil given for tempering.Splutter mustard seeds, add chana dal, hing, turmeric, curry leaves and red chilies
- Saute till chana dal turns brown.
- Add Sliced Avaraikkai/Broad beans and saute.Add 1/4 Cup of water, cover and cook in a low flame till done.
- When the beans are 3/4th done, add grated coconut and moong dal and mix well and Cook unitl done.
- Serve warm as a Rice accompaniment.
Sending this to Thali Mela, happening @ Cooking 4 all Seasons, Event by Srivalli