Ivy Gourd /Tindora is my Brother’s Favorite Vegetable. When he moved to Dubai for his job, he stayed with us for a year. I used to make this every weekend, and he would help me in cutting the vegetables, as this one in particular is little job, it has to be cut into thin slices for a good fry. Since i used to make this Every week, i had to make another curry as a variety for my Dear hubby!!! So, my weekend cooking would be (still is) very elaborate, 2 curries or one curry and one kootu, sambhar, rasam, it is like Festival!!!!! But i dont mind cooking, when i see them enjoying the meal and polishing it off the plate, it is worth it
1/2 Kg of Ivy Gourd/Tindora
1 tsp Red Chili powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds/Kadugu
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprigs curry leaves
hing a pinch
- Wash and Slice the Ivy Gourd/Tindora into thin slices either vertically or horizontally.
- Heat oil in a Non-Stick pan, Splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, hing, and turmeric powder.
- Add the Sliced tindora’s/Ivy gourd and give it a toss. Let the oil Coat the veggie well.
- Next add Red Chili powder and salt and mix well. Let this is cook in a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Toss it frequently to avoid burning. Sprinkle water if the veggies burn. But it is better cook in a slow flame without adding water, since water makes it soggy.
- Take it off the stove, when the tindora/ivy gourd is cooked completely and roasted.
- Serve Hot as Rice accompaniment.