Today is the first day of Group 2 Blogging Marathon and the last week for the regular 14 day Marathon. Most of you following Valli might be knowing, BM is having a New Make-over from next month. yes, we will be doing short-marathon, every week for the whole month!!!! Exciting!!!!! For Details, please Check Srivalli’s Blog.
For this Week i chose to Blog upon What Kids love for Summer!!! What did we love when we were kids in Summer???? I remember my Mom and My Paati making tins of Savory snacks Murukku, Thattai, etc during our Summer Holidays, coz we used to have big Crowd @ home, we are 8 Cousins and we come together forget summer, every weekend!!!! It was Fun!!!
Here, in Dubai, during weekends, we plan regular get-together with our family members staying in Dubai/Sharjah.I have 2 of my cousins staying here ,my brother and my brother-in-law too are here. So, Whenever somebody is coming home for the weekend, especially my Brother-in-law and his family with their Cute LiL Brat, i try to bake something healthy for him and kuttu.
For One Such Get-together last week, i made them these Fruit-Power Packed Muffins, i packed some for Kuttu’s School Snack Box too, he enjoyed them a lot.
1 Apple, finely Shredded
1 Cup Cake Flour
1/4 Cup Butter, @ Room Temperature
8 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/4 Cup Milk
Chopped Nuts (Optional, i didn’t add)
To Make 1 Cup Cake Flour
- Take 1 Cup All purpose Flour , remove 2 tbsp from the Cup. Add 2 tbsp of Corn Flour and Sift 3-4 times.
To make the Muffins
- Preheat the Oven to 180C. Grease the Muffin Tray with Butter/oil. I used Alu-foil Muffin Holder.
- Sift together Cake Flour,Baking powder and Cinnamon.
- Beat Butter and Sugar together. Add Flour Mix and Milk to this little by little and Mix until incorporated. If it is very dry add 1-2 tbsp of milk and Mix.
- Add Shredded Apple to the Cake Mix and Mix well.
- Spoon the batter upto 3/4th of the Muffin holders. Bake them for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted in the middle of a muffin, comes out clean.
- Take it out of the Oven, Let it cool for 10 minutes. Unmould and Serve Warm.