For the Last day of this week, i m posting a super tempting, Delicious and totally sinful with load of Calories, Mixed Dry Fruits and Nuts Halwa. I have made it by the traditional Stove-top Method, though this takes lots of time, energy and quite a bit of stirring (nice work-out for the Bingo Wings!!!!!), When you taste a spoonful of this Warm Delicacy, its Worth the effect!!!!!
1/2 Cup Apricots
1/4 Cup Badam/Almonds
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/4 Cup Cashew-nuts
1/4 Cup Hazelnuts
1/4 Cup Pistachios
5-6 Cardamom Pods
1 and 1/4 Cup Sugar + 1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Ghee
a pinch of Orange Color (Optional)
- Soak all the Dried fruits n Nuts together in Water for 4-5 hours.
- Take the Soaked nuts and cardamom pods in a Mixer and Grind to a Smooth Paste.
- In a Deep Non-Stick Pan, Boil Sugar with Water. When the Sugar syrup reaches single-thread consistency, add the ground nuts paste to it and Mix well. Add the Food color also and Stir well.
- Keep the Flame Medium and Cook. Keep Stirring every now and then. The Nut-Sugar Mixture, will start reducing in volume. When it reduces half its quantity, add ghee little by little and Stir.
- The Halwa will start coming together, leaving the sides of the pan. The cooking time is 1 hour. So, you need lots of patience to get this consistency.
- When the halwa comes as one big mass, with no moisture at all, it is done. Transfer the Contents to a greased plate and spread evenly. Let it cool for 30 minutes. Make Slices using a serrated knife and Serve Warm.
- Store the rest in refrigerator, coz the set halwa is even more easy to make slices. Just before serving, reheat in a Microwave for 20 seconds and Serve, it tastes Divine when served Warm.