An Easy to Make Thogayal/Chutney with Not so Favorite Vegetable of Kids. No Fancy Ingredients required, Can be had with Idly/Dosa/Upma, As a spread on Bread/Chapathi or Simply with Steaming Hot Rice and a Dollop of Ghee and Potato Fry.
2 Medium Carrots, Peeled and Shredded
1 tbsp Urad Dal
4-5 Red Chilies, Long Variety
Salt to taste
1 tsp of oil
a Sprig of Curry leaf
1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds
hing and turmeric, a pinch
- Heat a Non-Stick Pan, Add oil, When it is hot, add Mustard seeds, when it splutters add hing and turmeric.
- Next add Urad Dal and the Red Chilies.
- When the Urad dal changes color, add the shredded Carrots and Saute for a minute or two.
- Switch off the flame, Let it Cool.
- Take the sauteed ingredients in a Mixer along with Tamarind and salt and grind to a paste. Do not Add Water, the carrots will provide the needed moisture to the chutney.
- Transfer the Chutney to another bowl. Serve with Rice or an Accompaniment to Idly/Dosa.
Sending this to Favorite Recipes Event – Vegetarian Recipes, happening @ Zesty South-Indian Kitchen