For the Last day under Moong Dal, I m posting a Delicious and Healthy Side-Dish for your Super Fluffy Roti’s or you can even have them with Rice. The Wholesome Goodness of Whole Moong Dal is very well know. Lots of Protein, Rich in Fiber and has a very Low-Glycemic Index.
I normally soak the Moong dal for Overnight, Next day i drain it in the morning and leave it on the stove-top, so by the time i cook them in the Evening, they will have small, cute sprouts all-over. This way you can make it even more healthy!!!!!
1 Cup Green Whole Moong Dal
1 Large Potato
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp of Ginger Juliennes
1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 Cup Milk
1 no Green Chili, slited lengthwise
Fresh Coriander for Garnishing
Salt to taste
- Soak Moong Dal overnight. Next Day, Cook it on the Stove top until done. Or Microwave Cook it for 8-10 minutes @ MW high. Dal shouldn’t turn mushy.
- Peel the Potato, Cut into cubes and Cook them in Microwave for 8 minutes or on the stove-top until done. These too shouldn’t turn mushy.
- When i cook potatoes on the stove-top, i switch-off the stove once the water has boiled for 5 minutes. Cover and keep for another 5 minutes. Drain and Keep. They will be AL Dante!!!!!
- Heat Oil in a Kadai/Non-Stick pan, throw in the cumin seeds, when it crackles, add Onions, silted green chili, garlic and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add Tomatoes, Red Chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Garam Masala Powder and 1/2 Cup of Water. Let the Tomatoes Cook and Release Oil.
- Add Cooked Potatoes and Cooked Moong Dal, Salt and another 1/2 Cup of Water and Milk.
- Cover and Cook for 8-10 minutes in a Simmer Flame. Take it off the stove, Garnish with Coriander leaves and Serve Hot with Roti’s.