It is so good to be back @ BM. For the first week, i have chosen the Theme : Kids Delight – Party Special. Nutty Chocolate Squares, i first saw the recipe @ Nestle Website. Loved the Simplicity of the Dish. I have tweaked it a bit to my liking. Kuttu Enjoyed these Slices a lot, with Crunchy Nuts on top and Delicious Chocolate Coating, he was totally happy to indulge in to his favorite Chocolate with Mommy’s Permission!!!!
2 cups tea biscuits, crumbled
¾ cup butter or 150 g, melted
1 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400gm)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp butter
100 g plain chocolate, chopped
100 g Dark Chocolate , chopped
½ cup Roasted Mixed nuts, chopped
- Preheat the Oven to 190C.
- Take the biscuits,in a ziploc cover and use a rolling pin to crumble them.
- Combine biscuits and butter then press the dough into a cake tin and bake in a 190°C preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place Sweetened Condensed Milk , butter and sugar in a nonstick saucepan. Cook with stirring over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until the caramel is light golden color and thick.
- Remove from heat and pour the caramel over the dough in the tin. Set aside to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water(double-boiler method), add milk little by little and stir. Let it Cool for 4-5 minutes. Then Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel topping, Garnish with nuts on top and allow it to set completely in the fridge.
- Cut into desired shapes and Serve. Once they are out, the chocolate will started melting, so take them out only while serving.
- Baking the biscuit base is optional.
- I have actually used a Loose-base round 8-inch Cake tin. So, i couldn’t get a perfect squares. If you are using a Rectangle Tin, you might get a proper square.
- Instead of the caramel Sauce, you can even try using Dulce de leche.