For this Month’s Baking Eggless Challenge, Gayathri Challenged us with Butter Cake. I have used Vinegar as Egg replacement in the recipe. All these days i had a block in using Vinegar, But a little research showed that Apple cider Vinegar doesn’t leave any abnormal odor in the final product. So this time,i gathered all my courage and tried it and Wow, the cake came out so beautiful, Fluffy, Soft and without any traces of Vinegar!!! 🙂
50 gms of Unsalted Butter(1/2 Stick), @ room Temperature
1/4 Cup Castor Sugar (i used powdered brown Sugar)
1/4 + 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Black Raisins
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar + 1 tbsp Water + 1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Butter-milk
1/4 of a Stick of Butter (25gms)
1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C. I used 2 Small Alu-Foil Containers to bake the cake. In case using a pan, line it with Parchment Paper.
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup of butter and all the sugar and beat until creamy. Sift flour and baking powder.
- Mix Vinegar, Water and Baking Powder in a Mug and Mix thoroughly. Add this to Butter-Sugar Mix and Mix well.
- Fold flour mix into the butter mixture. Stir in the raisins and Buttermilk into the batter.
- Pour batter into a the prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Mix the remaining butter with brown sugar and cinnamon.Check the done-ness of the Cake and Remove it from oven and spread it with the butter mixture immediately.
- Let it soak for few minutes.Remove it from tin and serve immediately.
- Baking time differs from Oven to Oven. So Bake Accordingly.
- I have halved the recipe and got two Small rectangle loaves. In case using a bigger pan, adjust baking time accordingly.
Sending this to What’s with my Cuppa?, Happening @ UK Rasoi.