Green Leaves are regular part of our diet. I try to make them at-least twice a week. Though the little fella will complain on the menu that day, but he will have it when served hot with lot of ghee!!! This recipe is very simple and easy to make. I already have a Methi leaves Sambhar and Purslane leaves with Sabut Masoor Dal on the menu, but then this recipe is the most i make, since it is quick n easy.
1 Big Bunch of Amarnath Leaves/Mulai Keerai
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1 small tomato chopped fine or 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 tsp of shredded ginger
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Gingely Oil/Groundnut Oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
3 Red Chilies (i used long variety), broken into 2 pieces
2 sprigs of curry leaves
hing and turmeric a pinch
- Wash and Chop the Amarnath leaves/Mulai Keerai finely. I normally cut a little at the end, where the stem is a bit thick and hard and Chop the rest finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, Splutter mustard seeds, add chilies, curry leaves, hing and turmeric.
- Add Chopped Onions and Saute until translucent. Next add Chopped tomatoes or Tomato Puree and add 1/4 Cup of water and let the Tomato Cook and oil separates for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add Chopped Amarnath leaves/Mulai Keerai and Mix well. Add another 1/2 Cup of Water and Salt and Mix well.
- Cover and Cook for 10-12 minutes. Once the Leaves are cooked and the liquid is bit saucy. Take it off the stove and Serve Warm with Rice.
Sending this to Bon Vivant#11 – Healthy Appetite, happening @ Sumee’s Culinary Bites.