Wishing All My Readers a Very Happy and a Prosperous Harvest Festival!!!!
Ragoon Puttu is same as Rava/Sooji/Semolina Kesari, except for its made using Jaggery. I saw this recipe in a TV Program , have tried it twice. A Very Easy, Tasty and a Healthy Recipe.
1/4 Cup Sooji/Semolina/Rava
1/4 Cup Powdered Jaggery
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Water
2 tbsp Cashewnuts
2-3 Cardamom Pods, Crushed
1 tbsp Raisins
2 tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- Dissolve Jaggery in Water, Strain impurities and Keep it aside.
- In a Non-Stick pan, add a tsp of Ghee, Add cashewnuts and raisin, roast them, then add the Sooji/Semolina/Rava and roast it until golden brown. Take it off the Stove.
- Keep the flame Low and roast. Even though you are using roasted rawa/Sooji/Semolina, i would recommend roasting it again.
- Heat Milk in the Same pan,When it starts boiling add the roasted nuts, Crushed Cardamom Pods and Sooji/Semolina. Do not reduce the flame while adding Sooji/Semolina. The Sooji/Semolina will not form any lumps. It will form lumps only when you reduce the flame and add Sooji.
- Reduce the Flame after, and allow it cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir frequently. By this time, Sooji/Semolina would have cooked. Now Add the strained jaggery water. Allow the liquid to be absorbed.
- Add Ghee little by litte and Stir. When the Mixture comes together without sticking to the pan. Take it off the Stove.Serve Warm.
Sending this to Kids Delight – Desserts, happening @ Veg Junction, Hot Beverages and Desserts within 45 minutes, happening @ Just Cooking n Baking,Winter Foods within 30 minutes, happening @ Sizzling Tastebuds
- The Ratio of Rava/Sooji/Semolina to the Cooking Liquid is 1:3. For 1 Cup Sooji it is 3 Cups of Cooking liquid.
- If using 1 Cup Sooji, then it is 2 Cups of Milk and 1 Cup of Jaggery Water. Use the Same Cup for all the Measurements.