With Sandwich as Breakfast these days, i try to serve a smoothie with it. Mostly we will have Orange Juice. Last week, while shopping i picked some ripened Avocado and made some delicious Smoothie. It is very easy to make this Smoothie, just scoop the pulp and Blend, Blend and Blend.
After hearing the goodness of this fruit, i m planning to include them in our diet regularly. It is important to choose a Ripe Avocado for the smoothie or for that matter any other recipe of Avocado.
How to chose a Ripe Avocado?
- A ripe avocado yields to gentle pressure when held in the palm of the hand and squeezed. I normally look for the color of fruit, if it is dark green, kind of blackish green, i pick them.
- Another way is to look @ the stem-side of the fruit, if it is yellow-green color then the Fruit is Ripe or if it is brown/black then it is a spoiled fruit, put it back!!!
1 ripe Avocado
500ml Fresh Cold Milk
1-2 tsp Date Syrup (honey/Sugar), for individual serving
- Cut the Avocado into two and scoop the flesh-out into a blender jar.
- Add half the Milk first and blend it at medium speed. The pulp would have fully blended with milk.
- Now add the remaining milk and blend thoroughly.
- While serving, add a tsp or two Date syrup to a Glass and pour the Smoothie. Stir and Serve Chill.
- If you plan to store the smoothie, then store it without adding sugar/honey/date syrup in the fridge and add it While serving.
- The Smoothie taste great even without adding any Sweetener.