2 Cups of Whipping Cream (35% Fat)
1/4 Cup Agar-Agar/China Grass
1/2 Cup Hot Water
3 Ripen Mangoes (Cheeks alone)
1/2 Cup Sugar
a generous pinch of saffron soaked in 1 tbsp of Warm Water
some fresh mango slices and some whipped cream for garnishing, optional
- Soak Agar-Agar in 1/2 Cup Hot Water for 10 minutes. I get Agar-Agar/China grass stalks. Whenever i make Pannacotta, i break them into small pieces and Soak them in Hot Water to ease the process of melting while cooking them. In another small cup, soak the saffron strands in 2 tbsp of warm water.
- Cut the Cheek part of the mangoes and scoop out the flesh. I used Badami Variety of Mangoes, you can use any Sweet Variety Ripen Mangoes. Take the Scooped-out flesh in a blender along with soaked saffron in a blender and blend to combine. Keep it aside until use.
- Take the Agar-Agar Soaked Water to stove, Cook it in a Very low flame, Do not allow the liquid to boil. Keep it low and Stir to combine and melt. It will start melting after 10 minutes on the low flame.
- While Agar-Agar is melting, Take the Whipping Cream in a Saucepan, Heat in a slow flame. Do not allow the cream to boil, when it is hot and about give a boil, add the blended mango-saffron puree, sugar and Stir well to combine.
- Let it cook for 5-8 minutes in a low flame, keep stirring. Now using a tea-strainer, add the Agar-Agar melted water to the Mango-cream mix and stir well to combine.
- Take it off the stove, Let it cool for 10 minutes. Pour them into small bowls, Refrigerate to set for at-least 6-8 hours.
- While Serving, run a sharp knife around the edges of the pannacotta, and unmould them onto a serving plate, garnish with some fresh mangoes and cream and Serve.
Sending this to ONLY Chilled n Frozen Desserts, happening @ Foodelicious.