As promised, i m here with the recipe for the Sweet Version of the Ragi Adai/Pancake. This can be served for breakfast or as a snack.This Sweet Pancake makes a healthy after-school snack for kids.
2 Cups Ragi Flour
2 Cups of Powdered Jaggery
1.5 Cups Water
4-5 Cardamom Pods, Crushed
1 Cup Freshly Grated Coconut
10 nos Almonds, Powdered
10 nos Cashew nuts, Powdered
- Boil the 1.5 Cups of Water, add the Powdered Jaggery to it. Let the JAggery melt, Strain for impurities and Keep aside, let it cool until use.
- Take the Ragi Flour in a large bowl. add the powdered cardamom, Powdered Nuts, grated coconut, Mix well.
- Add the jaggery water, little by little and form a dough. The entire Jaggery water might not be used for the dough, there might be a 1/2 cup of jaggery water left.
- Divide the Dough into ping pong size balls. Using a banana leaf, pat the ball into a flat disc. Heat a Tava, Invert the banana leaf with the disc-side down on the hot skillet and peel-off the banana leaf slowly.
- Cook on both sides, using little ghee. Serve Hot. Since it is a sweet adai, this doesn’t need any condiment, if you still want some, serve with sliced banana and honey on the sides.