Baking Eggless Challenge this Month is from Trissalicious. I came across these Cute tarts while reading about Top 10 Ferro Rocher Recipes, from Huffington Post. Bookmarked them straight away and mailed +Gayathri Kumar , whether we can try this for our Baking Eggless challenge. Thanks to her, she took my suggestion and scheduled it for this month. I had a wonderful time making them, and my family had a great time devouring them.
Though it looks like lot of steps involved, trust me they are pretty simple to make. Once done, you have to just assemble them and enjoy or refrigerate until use.
For Chocolate Crust
3/4 Cup All Purpose flour
6 tbsp Sugar
6 tbsp Cold Butter
3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
Salt a pinch
- Preheat the Oven to 180C. Grease your tart tins/Muffin Tins
- In a Bowl. Stir Together Flour,Sugar, Cocoa and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into pieces and mix it with the flour mix using your hand. Mix until it represents Bread crumbs.
- Just gather the flour together as a dough. If it is not coming together then add a TEASPOON of COLD WATER.
- Wrap the dough in a Cling-wrap and refrigerate for an hour or leave it overnight. I refrigerated OVernight.
- After an hour or so, take the dought out and divide it into 6 balls.
- Roll the balls out inside a cling wrap/butter paper and transfer it into Greased Tart tin/Muffin pans.
- Add a Little parchment paper on top with Rice/beans for blind baking.
- Bake in a @ 180C for 12-15 minutes or until the dough looks almost dry.
- Take it out, it might look soft, but will turn crunchy when it cools. Store it in Air-tight Container until use.
For The Hazelnut Praline
1/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnut
2 tbsp castor sugar
- Melt the sugar in non-stick pan on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add the hazelnuts and mix well to make a praline.
- Pour the prepared mixture on the greased rolling board or butter paper and roll it with greased rolling pin so as to get a thin layer.
- Once set, crush the praline coarsely with a rolling pin and keep aside.
For the Mousse
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
2 tbsp milk
6 tbsp Nutella
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 Cup Beaten Whipped cream
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla essence and mix well.Add beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Add the prepared hazelnut praline and fold gently. Cover the bowl with Cling Wrap and refrigerate until use. I made 3 days ahead and it stayed fresh until i used it on the 4th day.
4 tbsp Nutella
4 tbsp milk chocolate
1/4 teaspoon Coconut oil
pinch of salt
2 tsp / 10 grams smallish pieces bittersweet chocolate, ideally 70% to 72% cacao range
1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup/Honey
4 tablespoons crushed caramelized hazelnuts
- Place all the ingredients in a microwave proof bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals on high until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the caramelized hazelnuts until ready to use.
Assembling the Tarts
- Arrange the Chocolate Tarts on a Plate. Pipe in the Mousse and top it up with Hazelnut crunch, Refrigerate until serving time.
- My Kiddo though loved it without that Hazelnut crunch.