Feel free to add some shredded veggies to this croquettes to make it more healthy. If you are worried about deep-frying, go ahead, make them as patty and Pan-fry them.
- Soak Moong dal in water for 2 hours or Overnight. I left it Overnight, since i was planning to do for Kuttu’s Snack Box the next day morning.
- Drain the excess water completely from the soaked dal. I left it in a colander for 15 minutes. Take the drained Dal in a Large Bowl.
- Add Chopped onions, curry leaves, fresh coriander, ginger and garlic. Now dip the bread slices in a bowl of water, squeeze the excess water out of it and add it to the bowl.
- Add Gram flour,Corn Flour, salt, red chili powder and coriander powder to this. Mix well and start forming a dough.
- Pinch small balls out of the dough and shape them into oval shaped croquettes. You will get about a dozen croquettes. refrigerate them for 10 minutes or until you want them to be deep-fried.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot enough, add 3/4 croquettes to hot oil and fry them until crisp.
- Serve Hot with some Ketchup/Mint Chutney on the side.
Sending these to Kids Delight – Potluck Party, Event by Srivalli.