It is October already and in another one month we will be starting shopping for Christmas and New-year!!! Oh, my Time really flies. This Month’s Home Baker’s Challenge, Nalini Suresh of Nalini’s Cooking suggested Halloween Recipes to Bake. I chose these Pumpkin Shortbreads, since it was long i baked shortbreads and it is quite simple to bake also. They stay good for a long time in an air-tight container. you can replace Wheat flour with All Purpose flour and use even 1/4 cup rice flour to get a crisper shortbreads.
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp All spice Powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a Cookie sheet with oil and line with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, all-spice and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add in pumpkin puree and beat until combined. Now add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Shape the dough into a log and cling wrap it and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from fridge and cut in to thick circles and place it on the greased cookie sheet, leaving atleast an inch space between the cookies.
- Spread dough into prepared pan. I used an off-Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the sides start to brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack.
- Let it cool completely, store it in an Air-tight container.