2 cups bread flour
1/4 Cup milk powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 & 1/4 Cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup Oil
Handful of peanut butter chips (optional)
2 generous pinches of cinnamon powder or 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
Dough Additions (Optional, i haven’t added any)
1/4 cup mixed berries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- Take together flour, milk powder, cocoa in a large bowl. Whisk well to combine. To this add instant yeast, salt and cinnamon powder/vanilla extract and mix well.
- Microwave water in a Coffee Mug for 20 seconds. The liquid should be hot to touch but not scalding hot. Now keep a spatula ready, add liquid in two batches and mix well. The batter will be thick cake batter, dropping consistency.
- You can use a loaf pan, but i have used 3 take away alu-foil containers, filled the batter half-way up the containers. Let it rest, covered in a kitchen towel for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- During last 10 minutes of the rise, preheat the oven to 180C. Sprinkle choco chips on top of the loaves. Bake the loaves for 28-30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, unmould the loaves on to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before slicing.
- I served as a snack, a little warm with some chocolate spread on top.