In that order, today i give you a mixed berries vegan orange muffins. The recipe is from Madhuram’s Eggless baking. The recipe uses Flaxseed meal as Egg-replacement and gives 12 regular muffins. I used my 6-cup muffin pan and my small bundt pan for this recipe. I filled up more than the required amount of batter in each cup, so my muffins had a dome and looked like a mushroom. But, neverthless the taste was very good, with the orange zest and the mixed berries in every bite, it was a tasty riot in the mouth,
Source : Madhuram’s
- Preheat the oven to 190C for 10 minutes. Grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, take together both the flours, sugar, baking powder and walnuts. Whisk well to combine. Mix together flaxsee powder and water, whisk well until frothy.
- In a measuring jug (i used my 2-cup measure), take orange juice, top it with water to reach 1 cup, add the flaxseed mixture, orange zest and oil. Stir together.
- Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients, mix until well moistened. Fold in the berries. Do not over-mix. Use a spatula, mix in one direction, slowly.
- Spoon the batter into the already prepared muffin tins. I used my 6-cup muffin tin and my small bundt pan for the above ingredients.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in teh centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a wire rack, let it cool completely .