Since, i m just back from vacation, i picked up an easy theme, No Bake Desserts, under this, i chose an easy dessert today. It takes only 15 minutes to make this, even your kiddos can make. It is a make ahead dessert, make it a day before and refrigerate it and enjoy it for your party or as a dessert for everyday.The goodness of dates, its natural sweetness along with roasted almonds, coated with good quality chocolate and rolled over nuts. Heaven i would say!!!
- Remove the stone from the dates, without squishing it, just make a small slit with your thumb, remove the seed, stuff an almond in place of the seed and slightly push to close it. Repeat the same with rest the dates.
- Melt chocolate in Microwave. Break the chocolate into blocks, take them in a microwave-safe mug/bowl. MW high for a minute. Take it out and whisk it well with a spoon, It should have melted well, into thick glossy chocolate of liquid consistency, if not MW again for another 30 seconds.
- Keep a plate with chopped nuts ready by your side. In another plate, place a piece of parchment to lay the choco-dipped dates.
- Now, take a almond-stuffed dates, dip one half of in chocolate, shake a little to remove the excess chocolate, immediately roll it over chopped pistachios and rest on parchment.
- Another method, is to dip the whole almond-date into chocolate, remove it using a fork, shake to remove the excess chocolate, immediately roll it over the chopped nuts and rest on parchment.
- Stick the tray into the refrigerator for the chocolate coat to set. Serve it straight at the time of Dessert.
- To roast almonds/pistachios, Spread the nuts on a microwave-safe plate, add a drop of oil and coat the nuts well. MW high for 4 minutes, taking it out and tossing it after every 1 minute. Let it cool completely, your toasted nuts ready!!!