You can very well experiment with the spices. I just kept it simple, by adding just red chili powder and pepper powder. A sprinkle of oregano and basil might also jazz up the dish.
- Blanch the florets in hot water for 5 -10 minutes. Drain completely. Spread them on a baking tray. Toss with olive oil, red chili, pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and bake the florets for 45-50 minutes or until the tops turn brown and crisp.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, let’s prepare the white sauce. Take milk, butter, flour together in a sauce-pan. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Add pepper powder and salt, Mix well and take it off from the stove. Let it cool completely before using it in the bake.
- Once the florets are baked, take it out of the oven. You can either bake this in a single baking dish or use 3 small pie -dishes for the same.
- I used pie-dishes. First spread 2 tbsp of white sauce to the base of pan. Divide the florets into 3 pans. To the remaining white sauce, add the shredded cheese, mix well. Divide the sauce among the 3 pans. Top the florets with the sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake the dish for 23-25 minutes or until the cheese turn bubbly and browns on top. Take it off the oven, let it come down comfortable heat. serve warm.