Inspired from Vegan Richa
1 Cup Wheat flour (Chapathi flour)
3/4 cup All purpose flour
2 & 1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup powdered jaggery
4 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped into bite-sized piece
2-3 tbsp silvered almonds for topping
1 cup Homemade Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup oil
1 tbsp honey
1 cup Milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 nos cardamom pods
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
3 tbsp crystallized ginger cubes
How to make Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat the Oven to 200C.
- Cut the Pumpkin into Big Chunks, Leave the skin and stringy fibers as it is, once it is baked, they come out very easily. Place the chunks on a Baking tray.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. To check the done-ness, insert a knife/Fork into the baked pumpkin, if it goes in smoothly, it is done.
- Remove the Stringy Fibers and Seeds. The seeds can be toasted and used in Bakes later.
- Scoop out the flesh using a Big Spoon. Take it to a blender and blend smooth. The puree can be freezed for about 5-6 months.
- Baking and Blending gets a good textured and thick puree than boiling/Steaming method. As the later makes the puree little loose because of water content.
- Take wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and jaggery together in a large bowl.
- Take the chia seeds, cardamoms and clove together in a mixer and grind it to fine powder. Add this to the flour-mix and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients one by one to the flour-mix. Mix well to combine using a spatula. Add chopped chocolate bites to this and mix.
- I used two pans to bake this bread, one 4 inch bundt pan and another 4 inch round cake pan. If baking as a singe loaf, use an 8 inch pan.
- Grease the baking pan well with butter or line it with parchment. Fill the pan upto 3/4th with the batter, tap well for it settle evenly. Top the loaf with silvered almonds. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the bread out, let is sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove it on to a wire-rack. Let it cool, slice and serve little warm.