1 cup wholemeal bread flour
1 cup rye flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 tbsp + 1 tbsp separate)
1 cup warm milk
3 tbsp dried cranberries
4 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp raw sugar for topping
- Take milk in a microwave-safe mug and warm it for a minute. To the warm milk, add 2 tbsp butter. I used my food processor to knead the dough. Take all 3 flours along with yeast and sugar in the food processor bowl.
- Pulse it few seconds for it to mix well. While the processor is running add the butter mixed milk to the flour mix and start kneading a soft dough.
- While the dough comes together add cranberries and chocolate chips to the dough. Knead the dough for 5 minutes to get a soft dough.
- Remove the dough on to a kneading surface and Knead for another 2 minutes. Take the dough in a well-oiled bowl and it rest for an hour or until it is well doubled
- Once the dough doubles, remove the dough on to the kneading surface. Punch down the extra air from the dough. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes. Divide the dough into 15 portion. Line a 9-inch pie dish with parchment or grease it well with butter.
- Roll.the dough into a ball and arrange it on the pie dish in a circle. Let the arranged dough ball’s rest for another 45 minutes. After the said time, preheat the oven to 180c.
- Brush the top of the rolls.with butter and sprinkle the sugar on top. Bake the rolls for about 34-45 minutes. Once done, remove the rolls from the oven. Let it sit for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Then remove it on a cooling rack. Let it cool for another 20 minutes. Dust the rolls with some.powdered sugar or drizzle some.chocolate syrup for some.extra oomph. Serve warm and enjoy.