Baked potatoes were in my bucket list and it was fired more when i tasted it at our bloggers meet here at Anamika’s house. She had made it so beautifully, picture perfect, delicious balance of flavors and served it with a garlic yogurt dip(hope I m correct ).
When we asked for the recipe she said that potatoes were parboiled and baked. Parboiled potatoes when baked gives a perfect crisp outer and a soft inside. When mixed with spices, they create amazing flavors !
When I made ras el hanout, the first recipe I wanted to make was this baked potatoes! Oh man, what a dish! The flavor of the spice amplifies the taste and it makes a great side on your party table.
I m not exaggerating about the taste, my hubby has asked me to make this again so he can relish it better. Want to make an impression in your next party, try these yumm potatoes!
2 medium Sized potatoes
2 fat cloves of garlic
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp ras el Hanout
1/2 tsp freshly pounded black pepper or paprika
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wash and scrub the potatoes well. Cut them into thick rounders. Keep the skin on.
- Take them in a Sauce pan, pour water until they submerge. Let it boil for a
- Minute, take it off the stove. Let this sit for 5 minutes and drain.
- While the potatoes are parboiling, Take oil in a small bowl, add minced garlic, ras al hanout, pepper/paprika, Mix well. Let this sit for 15 minutes for the flavors to infuse well.
- In a baking pan,Add The parboiled potatoes, pour the spice oil on top and rub it well with your hands to coat the potatoes well.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 – 40 minutes. Turning it once after 20 minutes.
- Once done, Remove the potatoes from the oven, serve it warm, with a dip of your choice .