I made a batch of pumpkin puree and freezed to use it later in some dessert or atleast some soup. It totally skipped my mind and last week while organizing my freezer, i saw the 3 ziploc pouches.
I made this pumpkin chocolate cake using a batch of that puree yesterday and frosted it with our favorite peanut butter frosting. I have flavored the cake with cinnamon.
The cake again came out moist and though it tastes a bit pumpkiny, the peanut butter frosting, seals it so beautifully and gives a great taste to the cake.
My lil one loved the frosting, and licked the frosting compltley off his slice and left the cake. My elder one loved the cake and was happy to see another cake waiting for him today.
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup butter milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp cinnamon powder
100 grams butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups of icing sugar
2-3 tsp of milk
- Take butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using a electric beater, beat the until light and fluffy.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar at a time and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, add 1 tsp of milk at time to check the consistency. I needed around 3 tsp of milk to get the frosting to spreadable consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate until use. I normally make the frosting an hour before i frost my cakes.
50 grams of lindt dark chocoalte
1 tsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 180c . Grease 2, 5 inch pans and lay them with parchment.
- In a wide bowl take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cocoa powder together and whisk well to combine.
- In another medium sized bowl, add pumpkin purée, buttermilk, and oil, mix well.
- Add this liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, using a spatula mix them together in a single direction.
- Divide the batter among the 2 pans and bake them in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven let it sit for 5 minutes then unmould it on to a wire rack for the to cool completely.
- If serving as such., slice them warm and serve Along with your evenjng the/coffee.
- Since I was planning to frost them, I cooled them completely, cling wrapped them and refrigerated until frosting.
To Frost and fill the cake