When my elder one turned 12 this june, we had a small party at home with his school friends. I made a Avengers themed cake and some party food. These cheese discs were one amongst them. I named them stark toasts. There were around 12-15 boys, so i made around 20 of these. The moment i placed them on the table, it vanished. They wanted more, I went ahead and made another 10. That too vansihed and i made another 15. Kids loved the cheese and veggie on this baked bread. Next day my phone was flooded with messages from their mommies asking for the recipe as their kids were going on and on about this cheese disc. It is a simple to make appetizer, all you need is 20 minutes for the prep and just bake them for the next 20 minutes.
I made these again for my boys lunch today. The usual 1 hour lunch time for my lil one was just 15 minutes today. The plate was clean and he came for second helping too. These cheese discs are inspired from a youtube video which my yoga mate shared with me when i was planning the birthday party menu. I m sending these cheesy delights to Kids Delight-Anniversary party happening @ Srivalli’s space.
Inspired from here
10 nos white Bread slices
1 capsicum, finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp freshly pounded pepper
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
Salt to taste
5 tbsp butter, softened
3-4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/4 cup grated cheese
- Let us prepare the stuffing first, chop the veggies finely, take them Together in a wide bowl, add cheese , salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Give it a good stir. Let it sit.
- Next the spread, take butter, grated cheese and tomato sauce, mix it well together.
- Now get to the bread. Using a big cookie cutter cut a round slice of the bread. Using a smaller size cookie cutter cut a ring shape to act like a border for our cheese disc.
Assembling the disc
- Take a bread disc, smear the butter-ketchup spread, place the ring on top. Place 2-3 tbsp of filling in the center. Repeat the same with other discs.
- Preheat the oven to 200c and bake the discs for about 15-18 minutes. I baked these in my Microwave convection oven, which took around 18 minutes. When i baked them in my Gas oven it too just 12 minutes. So keep an eye on your bread disc from around 10 minutes.
- Remove the discs from the oven let it sit on the wire rack for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve it warm, with some tomato ketchup on the side.