2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 can of condensed milk (400 grams tin)
1 cup warm water
3/4 cup oil
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 & 1/4 cup of whipping cream
5 tbsp icing sugar
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
100 grams cream cheese
- Take together whipping cream and cream cheese in a wide bowl, using a electric whisk, whisk until you see soft peaks. Add cocoa powder and icing sugar and continue whipping until you get stiff peaks. Cover and refrigerate until use.
8 nos fudgy caramel toffees, i used tiffany caramel fudge chocoaltes
2-3 tbsp milk/cream
- Take the caramel toffee along with milk/cream in a microwave safe mug, microwave for a minute, remove and whisk it together into a smooth sryup, if the caramel is still lumpy, microwave again for 30 seconds and whisk it smooth. Make the syrup towards the end, as it thickens while resting.
- Preheat the oven 180C. Prepare a sheet pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, add condensed milk, oil and vanilla extract, use a electric whisk and whisk them smooth.
- To this liquid add the flour in 3 batches, use a spatula to mix the flour into the wet ingredients. When you add the second batch, the batter would be very thick, add 1/2 cup warm water and mix.
- Likewise when you add the final batch of flour, add another 1/2 cup of water and mix. Do not mix vigourously, mix in single direction.
- Pour the batter in the preared sheet pan. Spread using the spatuala. Smoothen the top, tap twice to release any air. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Then flip it on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Once it cools down, return it to the sheet pan, level the cake by trimming the top, this is totally optional. Drizzle simple syrup all over the cake. Spread the chocolate whipping cream generously, smoothen it, drizzle caramel syrup. Slice into squares and enjoy.