Its December 2018, a month many eagerly await, for Christmas, for the holidays, for the New year. December is the month, we BM-ers do a Bake-a-thon,an event by Srivalli. Where we post 3 days in a week, any recipe that is baked.
This year, i have taken a back seat with respect to baking, or atleast in the later part of the year, i restricted making any sweet bakes. Though kids would love to enjoy sweet bakes, it is me and my hubby, we didnt want to sabotage our clean eating, as both of us are under quanitified eating. But Bake-a-thon is something i couldn’t resist. It is just 13 days and what is holidays without delicious bakes??? I haven’t chosen any theme so far, but for week 1, i will be posting 3 muffin recipes.
First on the list is this delicous mocha muffins. Originally these were made for a e-magazine, but that didnt happen, so i thought of using them for bake-a-thon. There is no better ingredient than chocolate to start the series with!!! Chocoalte and coffee two of my favorites, though i don’t drink coffee these days, i do love the aroma in bakes.
These muffins are loaded with chunks of lindt dark chocoalte. Do go with chocolate chunks than chips, you would love the texture when you bite into the muffins. We at home prefer dark chocoalte to milk chocolate, if you are not a big fan of dark chocoalte, please go ahead and use milk chocolate. Enjoy these muffins warm with your evening cup, great snack for road trips and picnics. They also make a great gift for your food loving friend and family. Do make these and share the joy, cheer and the calories this festive season
225 grams Whole wheat flour
20 grams cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
250 grams of condensed milk
1/2 cup strong black coffee 100 grams oil
100 grams chopped dark chocolate, I used Lindt
- Preheat the oven 170c, prepare a Muffin pan and lay them with muffins liners.
- In large bowl sift together flour, cocoa baking powder, baking soda together. I normally use a balloon whisk to mix the ingredients together.
- In a microwave safe mug, heat 1/2 cup water and add 2 tbsp instant coffee powder to it, mix well a;nd set aside to cool down.
- In another bowl, take condensed milk, add oil and coffee to it, whisk well to combine.
- To this now add the dry ingredients and using a spatula mix the dry into wet. Take care not to mix vigorously.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan.i used an ice cream scoop, dropped around 1 scoop in each muffin cup. I got around 12 muffins.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven around 35-40minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven let it sit for 5 minutes then remove it on to a wire rack to cool. Serve the warm along with coffee for a yumm snack.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon