Check out the youtube video on how to make chocolate nut clusters
100 grams dark chocolate, i have used Lindt 70% dark chocolate
75 grams roasted almonds, chopped
75 grams roasted cashewnuts, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
To roast the nuts
- I have used the oven for toasting the oven. Take the chopped nuts in a oven-proof tray, add a tsp of oil and using your hands, mix it into the nuts well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and toast the nuts 8-10 minutes. The temperature and timings vary from oven to oven, so keep an eye from 8th minute. Once done, remove the nuts and let it cool completely, before using it in the recipe.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add roughly chopped chocolate, microwave it for 60 seconds first. Remove it and give it a stir, check if all the chocolate is melted, if you have huge chunks of chocolate, then microwave it for another 15-20 seconds and mix it again.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave, stir it until smooth. Let it sit for 10-15 seconds, now add the chopped, roasted and well cooled nuts to this chooclate, add the cinnamon and mix it well.
- Keep a parchment lined tray ready by your side. Place spoonful of chocoalte nuts on the tray, giving some gap inbetween each lump you put on the tray.
- Refrigerate the tray until the chocolate is set. It would be ready in 10 minutes. Remove the clusters and refrigerate them. If the chocolate is well tempered it would stay good in room temperature also, if not it might start melting.
- Enjoy these nutty chocolate clusters, they make a great snack, healthy too.